Windage Tray

The windage tray doesn't actually keep the oil from sloshing around, what
is does is keep the oil from splashing up on the crank shaft.  Oil hitting
the crank while corning puts extra drag on the crank which slows the motor
down a bit.  This also causes the crank to "whip" the oil and beat air
into it which isn't all that good either.

I have one on my wifes cabby and I have one that I'll be putting on my
rocco over the winter.  A strong advantage of the windage tray is that you
will no longer need those damn corke oil pan gaskets as the tray acts as a
re-usable rubber gasket.

All in all, I'd say no more cork gaskets is worth $45.

William S.

88' 16v