update on my brake problem/leak

the leak is fairly slow, and appears only when the car is running.  i
can see fluid oozing out of the seam where the starter motor housing/
mounting plate meets the transmission housing.  this is a non-rocco
transmission - apparently from a jetta, according the the previous
owner.

i've sprayed out most of the engine compartment with various
degreasers to help track the leak down, so i'm pretty certain this is
where it's coming from.

ideas?

blake/