The New Polo GTI

i lived in italy for almost 4 years from late 97 to
early 01, i never had the chance to drive in
sardinia.. i applaud you.  but i agree with everything
you say.  i had an A2 gti 16v and drove on 2-lane
roads people here would call a sidewalk.  the gti
suspension came in handy whilst driving up the alps or
the foothills behind my house.  i could go up faster
than anyone else, except the BMWs and those with ESP
to keep them from spinning off the roads and down the
mountain.
i drove in the inner city of hamburg, germany,
cobble-stoned roads laid down in 1300, i think.  wide
enough for a horse and cart to get through, with
buildings on each side.  an explorer would lose both
mirrors if it tried to shoe-horn itself in there!!

--- "Bennett, Christopher P ET1 MARMC 1230B"

scirocco-l-bounces+chris.p.bennett=navy.mil@scirocco.org