Pix and possible solution (was: Creative throttle linkage solution s)

>Jeff,
>
>I've got a FOX intake that I was planning to use on my '81.
>
>Question: looking at the pic you posted - it looks like the FOX
>intake angles up (re: the TB) a bit compared to the stock intake. Am
>I seeing things?
>
>http://validpath.com/images/81s/resto/12Oct05-05.JPG

I wonder if there would be enough metal on the manifold side of the
mating surface of
the throttlebody to have a machine shop cut a 10-15 degree angle into
it.  This would have to
affect of "lowering" slightly the top linkages, or maybe even
re-establishing the correct
orientation and avoiding the rain tray interference.  Just a bit
outside the box thought, no
idea if it's viable.

==Brett