Gauge Cluster Question

In my experience what happens is one of the plastic gears that is
pressed onto the end of one of the steel shafts (~.06" dia) starts
turning on the shaft.
The fix that worked for me was to clean everything up and loctite the
gear in place making sure not to get loctite on anything else.
It's kind of a PITA little job with a bunch of little pieces to
manage, but it's not too bad.
Dan