Larger starters?

Hey all, as I mentioned to Mike, I bought and installed my starter in my 85.

I have a Bap Geon local to me that I get all my "short fuse" parts
on--stuff I need right now and can't wait for shipping.

A couple thoughts.  I finally fingered it out, but how the hell do you
tell which one is terminal 50 on the starter.  It isn't actually
labeled on the starter--I found it in the "scats", but unless I am
missing something it only shows the black/red line going to terminal
50 (in addition to the battery/alternator/fuse panel connection.)  On
the other terminal there is a connector with two wires coming from it.
 Small diameter, one of them is indeed black and red, and the other is
black I believe.  I pulled the starter a while back and didn't
remember which connection which terminal.

Also this is a rebuilt starter with a lifetime warranty. I don't think
it's a bosch though.  I will have to look at the box tommorow before I
take it back (with the core)   I did notice that this one was
considerably larger in diameter, and it pushed my engine rather
efficiently.  The battery has been out of the car and it hasn't been
started since at least July.  It took it a minute to get it started,
but it fired up and only belched a little black smoke.  (I have little
to no exhaust on this one... no cat no resonator)  Considering it has
been months since it started and the battery probably wasn't fully
charged, it did well.

I also picked up a set of hella H4 conversions.  With the reflector
cups inside.  Any one have these/use them?  These are the standard 4x6
american style lights.  I DO NOT intend to relay them (GASP!!!) at
this time.  I know I am going to get heckled for that but oh well.  I
have been running those funky PIAA bulbs in the other scirocco with no
issues and they usually think I have high beams on.  (*funky PIAA
bulbs are the ones I mentioned awhile back that draw 55watts but
output 100watts or so--I have bigger fish to fry before relaying
headlights.)

Also got that damned Kenwood aux/changer harness so I can hook up the
Empeg again, so I plan on ripping out the center console tommorow.

I drove her around the block and I really forgot how much I loved that
car.  My 87 is bone stock and in relatively good condition--I haven't
done much to her at all, but my 85... it almost fells like a different
car altogether.  Something more or something less than what the other
one is.  Maybe because I have rebuilt it?

Who knows...
Rambling
Chris

--