(8v) are there different sized injector o-rings (or injector cups)?

On 9/30/05, Jeff Toomasson <area53@validpath.com> wrote:
> Anyone? I'm really stumped on this one. I put as much elbow grease as I
> felt was safe on this (a lot) and there wasn't so much as a budge... :(
>
> This is my last weekend to work on this (our daughter is coming via
> scheduled c-section next Friday! :) And I DON'T have a garage... :(
>
> http://validpath.com/images/81s/oring1.JPG
> http://validpath.com/images/81s/oring2.JPG

I've never used black inserts (only brown plastic, and brass), so that
might be your problem. Where'd you get the black inserts, and for
what application are they listed for?

In my experience striking a flathead screwdriver (nice big one -
resting on the lip of the injector) with a hammer is the best way to
get the injectors in place. I also soak the o-rings in gasoline for a
few minutes beforehand... I occasionally rip/pinch an o-ring if it's
real tight, so visually inspect each one after they're seated.
Forcing them usually doesn't work for me (especially with fresh
o-rings), whereas the "shock and awe" technique (there it is again
Cathy! :D) works everytime...

If that doesn't work, maybe try putting the orings in the insert
(fully seated), and force the injector in the hole. I haven't tried
this method though...

HTH,

Mark.
75