Refinishing wheels

Patrick.
We refinished our snowflake rims ourselves by using a Scotchbrite abrasive pad(mild)
on an electric drill.
Takes a lot of time but we removed all the clear coat down to metal and resprayed.
Note that we were lucky that the inside curves between the spokes were in good shape
and didn't need any attention other than cleanup.

I'm also wondering about sandblasting as I have another snowflake rim to strip the
red paint from.
Re: curb rash, a more abrasive grade of the pad will take car of metal damage too.
Ed '81S

>>> "Patrick " <pgronau1@cox.net> 2005-11-28 9:47 PM >>>

Ok I am thinking about buying some ABT 16x7.5 wheels for Helga. They
need to be stripped and refinished has anyone on the list ever taken any
wheels to a refinisher?/ what did it cost per wheel?? These are not too
bad no bends one has about 6 inches of curb rash and all the clear coat
is crap on all of them. I think they would look awesome on my rocc.

Patrick