More fun from the province

The latest from the province, besides the change in what cars ETest. So now
we have "vehicle branding". Which I'm all for in theory. Here are the
problems as I see them. Now, if your car is in a collision, you get hit for
deductable and increased rates, not to mention the hassle. So now you also
may get your car permanantly ID'd as damaged goods. Which I'm sure will
reduce its value on resale. As a buyer, I'd want to know, what worries me
is that it could create a new underground of body shops who will fix
without the report to the province. (And the insurance companies won't have
to pay out on these either, equals even more profits)
Just like pit bulls will continue to live in the hands of the owners that
are least likely to train them, and I won't even get into guns. (pitbulls
born after yesterday have to be put down, how the hell can they enforce
that?) I guess vehicle branding'll be good overall though.
The other thing, and Mark, you'll like this, is that cars from out of the
province that are tagged as "rebuilt salvage" will enter our system as
"salvage" and be subject to rigorous provincial inspections before they can
hit the road here. I guess they don't trust the states to verify their
fitness. My cleanest A1 (Klaus) would have fallen into this category. Who
knows if he'd "pass"? (and how much that wold cost in time and money)
Anyway, enough whining, but if I ever buy another stateside, I'll have to
check that out.
Cathy