relocation woes

Elmhurst, IL.

No inspections, $85 yr for personalized plates, no personal property tax. Realestate tax $3314 a yr. Emissions? I about pissed myself when they put the corrado on the rollers after putting on new TT/Borla exaust, then the light bulb in their collective minds came on, they plugged the OBD in.

Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:
Phil asked:
>Yeah, but tell us about your school taxes in PA, Marc.

Depends on where you live in PA. They are less then $1000/year for most
folks where I live, but the city does have a 4.5% wage tax (in addition to
state and federal taxes) and a rather large gross receipts tax on all
businesses.

The taxes in my hometown where my parents live is ~$3000/year for 15+ year
old houses and $8000+/year for new houses (to discourage the plethora of
McMansions).

New Jersey is far worse!

-Marc, who really wants to get back on topic