Sibling rivalry? Driveway feud?

The players:
1987 Quantum Syncro, aka The Mature One
1988 Scirocco, aka The Little Brother
1981 Scirocco, aka The Brat

The scenerio:
I've been driving the '88 exclusively, for the past week or so.  It's
new (to me), so it figures I'd leave the reliable '81 for a short while,
but it wasn't going to be forever.  I recently got the Syncro out of
storage to share winter driving duties with the '81, but the battery
that was it in went bad, so it was battery-less.  My wife's parents came
to visit for the holiday, and to pick them up I needed to source a
battery for it.  So, I decided to gank it from the '81, temporarily,
until I could go to the store and get a NEW battery for it.  So, I get
to opening the hood on the '81, and NOT ONLY does the hood release cable
handle break off of the rocker panel, the WHOLE DAMN HOOD CLOSURE *rips*
off of the hood!  It's been rusty and bad for a LONG time, which is why
I put hood pins on it a few years ago.  But, since I was ignoring the
car, and it was jealous of the '88, AND since it knew it would spend
another winter getting rustier while the '88 stayed cold and cozy, but
salt free, AND it had to give up its battery for another car, it decided
to be a brat and break.  Luckily, since the whole contraption busted off
the hood, it was as simple as undoing the hood pins and lifting the
hood.  As luck would have it, I have a spare Mk1 hood in my shed waiting
to go on, but probable not until spring.

You tell me cars aren't alive?  They don't have personalities?  They
don't have *FEELINGS?*

I beg to differ.

Nate