OT - other vw content (purchase)

Exactly, that's likely the problem with his 16V, they seem to be happiest
in packs. Oh Blake? The newer ones aren't exempt from "issues", so do your
homework, and know what the expensive repairs are and if they've been done.
I know there's one on the VRs that's brutal, timing chain or something? The
VR guys can chip in, My only six is a big 4.9L inline jobbie. And my daily
only started needed serious infusion of cash in the last few years, the
exhaust and brakes seem to be good for 5 years or so, and my suspension's
been dead for ages. That stuff adds up, and a Golf is the same as a Beetle
in that regard I'd expect.

Cathy