fuel pumps in series?

They are wired in series, but plumbed in parallel.
Best to just run good power and ground to both pumps for testing, establish
whether or not the wiring is ok, then work backwards from there.

The pumps are the weak link in the chain to me...chances are it's the main
pump, but don't quote me on that.
Too bad you live on the wrong side of PA....I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Jim