Brake lights staying on

Greetings.
Last week it was the backup lights staying on,  this week its the brake
lights staying on.

According to the Bentley, my 81S should have a mechanical switch at the
pedal cluster,
but, it does not.  Either an early model or someone has replaced the
master cylinder
with an earlier one.

I have two hydraulic switches on the master cylinder, one facing the
drivers side with
4 wires and one on the other side at the front with only 2 wires.

I found that if I disconnect the front connector(2 wires) the brake
lights will function normally.
I assume this is the brake warning light switch?
I also assume that this switch is somehow shorting out causing the
brake lights to stay on 24/7.

What I don't really understand is how these switches are wired and are
supposed to work.
When I look at the manual it appears that there should be 3 circuites
coming out of each switch?

Thanks for any clarification you might provide.
Ed '81S