MORE O2 sensor crap!! Help!

On 12:32:07 am 11/21/05 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> I tried to get my old sensor out today, first with a 22mm (7/8") open
> end.  No dice.  Got a real O2 sensor wrench from AutoZone, and
> succeeded in stripping the shoulders off the sensor.  Grabbed on with
> the biggest set of ViseGrips I have, and THEY slipped!  This was
> AFTER I dumped almost a whole can of PBlaster on it, AND ran the car
> to heat up the system, hoping it would help.  What the hell do I do
> now?  The damn thing won't budge.  Cat removal isn't an option, as
> the entire exhaust system is welded.
> My next trick is ViseGrips and a torch, heat the connection and see
> if it'll break loose.
> Any tips?
> Nate
> '81 (being good)
> '88 (being a pain!)

Maybe this is a case for the wax candle trick, you can use aroma therapy at
the same time. But seriuosly, heat the thing till it's nice and warm, maybe
smack it a few times to help loosen things, and while it's still really
hot, melt candle wax into the offending area. It should seep into the
threads and make extraction easier. I've used it once with good success,
and seen another very experienced VWaholic remark at how well it worked on
some exhaust studs. GL. Maybe with the advanced age of our cars, we should
start a thread for tricks to extract corroded stuff.

Cathy