Electrical Gremlins on hold

I have installed a wb 02 sensor with a Innovate controler and digital AFR meter.I keep getting a voltage error code.I have checked grounds and voltages.But I keep getting the error code unless I wire direct to the battery with both the power and ground.Thanks to the listers I've found out what the 02 sensor voltages should be.Can someone explain what a ground offset is.It keeps showing up in the trouble shooting guide.
  I have plenty of time to research now. I can't stand on my head under the dash and rewire for a couple of weeks until I heal up from the pacemaker surgery.
  Just when I get a clue as to what might be wrong everyting is put on hold.I hope "Rose" is not down for the winter only for the healing time.
    I'm Ok just delayed.

ole blue