Need Help

This is for a 2.0L 16V.  The scenario is really poor performance.  I have
been down several avenues of thought and am lost as to what to try next.
Please help, usually I bug Al, but he is still unavailable.

Symptoms:  When the motor is cold the car runs great.  After a couple of
minutes of running the performance sucks really bad. The motor boggs with
any use of the accelerator. It feels like the timing is being retarded.  I
have changed rotor button, distributor cap, plug wires, fuel filter, added
grounds, still no improvement.  I have been through my Bentley and my
Chilton.  Trouble shooting at this point least towards bad ignition coil or
knock sensor.  Anyone have any thoughts or can help.  I have tomorrow to get
this figured out with any tests and order parts on Monday.  I have to have
this car on the road next weekend.

Any ideas, help, things to check, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco (Running like a dog)
86 8V Scirocco (Gone to a new home)
84 Scirocco BBS Turbo (Exhaust leak, sounds terrible)
80 Scirocco S (Not running, need time to work on it)
01 V6 Galant (Lost the transmission two weeks ago)
00 Silverado (The only vehicle out of five in the drive way that is running
as it should)
www.cardomain.com/id/xavsbud