16v fuel pumping woes

I don't know if anyone from this list has ever seen a fuel distributor that
actually needed to be overhauled.  They're pretty simple.

As Dan Bubb pointed out to me, you must *never* take any abrasive to the
control plunger.  If it's stuck, just use some compressed air to get it out
(if needed) and clean it with gas.  They usually only get stuck after
sitting for a long time.

But no need to worry about rebuilding distributors and unsticking plungers
until you've done the "sensor plate lift test" and checked an injector for
fuel flow.

But I still say you should just pull a spark plug and see if it has gas on
it.

Good luck.
Jim