All things Scirocco

On 7:48:49 pm 11/15/05 Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> >  You must not yet be one with the wind, as this
> >  writing calmed me...
> >  cathy
>
> I've been one with it for almost 20 years.
>
> But you must not ever have been to Virginia during
> summer.  The concept of moist air is not one that I
> look fondly upon here in the South.  Nor in my time in
> Alabama or Texas.  Warmth is fine.  Heat and humidity,
> nada.
>
> Anyhoo, a scirocco wind is dry, AFAIK.  Which is
> fairly acceptable.
>

> -RP
> '87 stock 8v beater = "The Faithful One"
> '84.5 2L 8v + 2H = "Baby Fatass"
>
> "..slave to the disease..."

I've heard dry or moist for Scirocco, my fav. def'n is "A hot dry wind
which causes severe headaches".
Right now I'd trade "cold, moist and miserable" for "hot and anything".
Well, Virginia in summer might be a bit overwhelming right now, that's
pretty oppressive, I'll agree. It is here too in the summer.

20 years of one-ness? I couldn't afford one back then, just a more mundane
Jetta. Which I guess is named for a wind too, now that I think of it.
Cathy