Coupla questions(shifter/alternator)

On 11:14:44 pm 11/13/05 Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, you identified your needs.  May not be
> conclusive mechanics, but you are halfway to fixing
> the issues.
>
> The shift linkage piece you are speaking of is, I
> think, the relay level.  Check this page:
>
> http://germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/Cabriolet/Transmission/185/1
>
> If it is the middle ones with the large ball, then
> they commonly deteriorate due to oil destroying the
> rubber.  They really affects the shifting.

Nope, it's none of those, it's on the really long rod, you know, the one
with the splines that is "adjusted" when you can't find half of your gears.
I know they have then for A2s ( bought one for the kid), but it sounds like
MkIMark has a source, so I'll do that.  But thanks. (the lollipop is in
fine condition...which is unusual)

> RE: alternator insulator - I see them on all 90A alts
> I've ever seen in a yard.  Do you have a yard up there
> where you could pull it off of one?  Or do you need
> one sent to you?  Getting it from the dealer would be
> more of a PITA than it is worth.  I am sure someone on
> the List can get you one.  I probably can...

I'm hoping "my man Peter" the alternator guy (not my man-peter, LOL) will
be able to hook me up, if in fact it's a separate part. What will I do with
my time when this car goes off to University again? (I know, Sciroccos
again...)
Cathy