OT: WAS Job offer NYC, now Holy Crap they want me!!!

Like the title sez...
Sorry for the wasted bandwidth, if you don't care please disregard!

I applied for the job offer in NYC, commercial lighting and such.
Interviewed via telephone with the "tech" guy (outside of HRO) he's an
ex squid and talked to me for an hour and a half.  Asked me if I had
any reservations or questions about the job...

"Maybe I shouldn't be saying this because I do want the job..."

"But?"

"Well I have read alot about the company and I really dig it."

"Dig it?"

"Yea, I would gnaw my left arm off to have the job if it was anywhere
else but NYC."

"haha... really?  Well I appreciate your honesty."

(at this point I was grimacing--quite sure that I just threw myself
under a very big bus--in fact my recruiter at Bradley-Morris lost his
BRAINS when he heard that I said that!)

"How does Connecticut sound to you?"

"Great thank you..."

"We'll be in touch."

--Now I had already back-doored my recruiter at BM once already.  The
job offer feeler was out and I had a short time to respond (last week)
so I called him left messages for four hours on Thursday saying I
wanted the job.  When I didn't get any feedback I did a little
research and a little social engineering and got the Head of this
company's HRO on the phone.  I had waited on hold for 25 minutes in
leiu of leaving a message.  She was rather annoyed at first, but
agreed to hear me out since had been on hold for the better part of
half an hour.  I told her I was interested in the job and asked what I
needed to do to apply on my own.  She told me that all of this was
highly irregular and to please go through my recruiter in the future.
She asked for my resume and from what I gather, told the tech guy I
was highly motivated to get the job and put my resume on top.  My
recruiter was livid.  He applauded my drive but condemned the methods.
 (he's got a vested interest I suppose)

So Friday morning the tech guy called me as stated above and said they
would fly me up.  I wasn't sure if he was being straight with me as he
said "We'll be in touch."  I was sure I did EVERYTHING wrong so I
kinda was like Oh well.

About an hour later my new friend in the HRO office called me and
stated that I was flying up Monday night to PA (like TOMMOROW) and I
would interview all day Tuesday and then fly back Tuesday night.  I
have to convince the NAV that I need to have Tuesday off.  LOL  She
advised a book called "What Color is Your Parachute?"  I bought it
today and yep I did EVERYTHING wrong.  Despite this I think if I don't
stick my foot in my mouth, I have the job.  The fact that they are
flying me up there this quickly, are willing to talk to me even though
I turned my nose up at NYC (sorry guys...it's a little intimidating to
move up there somewhat blind with a wife and two kids.)

!!! Holy batshit batman !!!

Best part of this is that I will be given an allowance for my car
(that I will drive from site to site and to the airport regularly)
Yea I know mileage... but I have two Scirocco's and hell--they are
going to pay me to drive my car!  Talk about loving your job!  (I only
have to carry a laptop, a small tool bag and a few spare circuit
cards.)

I'm sorry don't mean to sound like I am bragging... Please don't think
so but I am excited as hell and if I tell my wife one more time she's
gonna deck me.  ;)

Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy