A1 Crossmember Brace

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Fry" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
To: "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>; "Eric S"
<scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: A1 Crossmember Brace

> >  To those that do not believe you need a crossbrace, then why does my
> > pickup pop its' hood in hard right turns?
> > There is an answer I am searching for, and this is the most scientific
way
> > can demonstrate that A1s -need- a crossbrace...
> > David
>

>  Hmmmm...maybe it demonstrates that the latch is worn or out of
adjustment??

> ( If this is the most "scientific" way you have of demonstrating that A1's
> need a crossbrace, then the world of science is
> in deep doggy-doo.)
>
>  Sorry David, I could not resist...
> :)
>
> Larry
> sandiego16v

My initial thought was that since the latch was as tight as you could get
it, and since the cable comes from the left side of the truck, that this
shows that there is movement in the body since it only does this on hard
right turns.  Why the big deal?  Well, if it only did it on right turns,
then surely it is because the latch is actually moving away from, to the
right of the cable.

Anyone else buy my reasoning?

David