Lets talk about voltage.

Yeah, let's talk about voltage, but don't forget about amps too!

I measured the current going out of the alternator with a very good clamp-on
ammeter on my Scirocco. With both low and hi beams on, wipers on, reasonable
radio system on (Alpine 4*15W at conversation level), and the motor running,
I measured about 53-55 amps.

This is where the stock 60A alternator was huffing and puffing on rainy
nights on deserted roads. I am now running a 90A alt, so I get more reserve,
and the alt is not running too close from its limit.

So here was my experience. ;-P

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco