Shifting questions

On 2:53:13 pm 11/07/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, My name is Barbie,
>
> I have an old VW Sciroco, but am having problems.
> The little yellow thingy on the dash that tells you when to shift has
> stopped working. How do I tell when to shift out of first gear?
>
> Thank you!

Dear Barbie;
Until you find the automatic car of your dreams, do your makeup while Ken
drives. If you hear the chipmunks that run under the hood tap dancing, it
may be a non-turbo diesel engine (enj-in) In this case a clock will replace
the tachometer (tak-o-meh-ter), so just time five minutes between shifts.
Keep those questions coming.