green transmission plug

On 11/7/05, Blake Irvin <blake@clockworm.com> wrote:
> the green plug is the plastic thing you are referring to?  what is it
> officially called?  and should it be hollow all the way through - i
> can but my index finger all the way down in there and not touch
> anything at the bottom...

The plastic thing you're referring to is the cover for the timing
light hole.  This plug is removed when doing ignition timing.  The
cover itself threads out of the bellhousing, but there's also a
removable center that pops out.  If you're missing this, I'd suggest
finding one at a wrecker/dealer to keep crap out of the clutch
components...

Later,

Mark.
75
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **