My soon-to-be 84.5

> Looks like a good candidate for a resto job!  I also
> dig the pewter.  Is
> that an MSD (or similar) box next to the washer
> reservoir?
>
> Looks like someone is into Audi S's as well, eh?

It has a Jacobs ignition system installed.

The Audi S + kids is why he is selling it.  Time to
move up, but after he had a VW mech friend run it
through the ringer the other day (because I'll be
doing a nice 12 hr jaunt home perhaps come early
December at the latest, so no stranding, please!) -
anyhow, he started to mention how he was having
internal qualms over selling it.  Had it for 15 years.

Says the handling is so tight that the 'S' can't
compare.  It used to be his daily driver but with his
6'4" height and the stiff suspension, it was starting
to give him back problems. I said, "I guess so  - you
can't do that forever!"  I didn't want him getting too
depressed about selling it.   ;)

This thing is maxed out on suspension, except for poly
bushings for the rear strut towers and rear axle.
Otherwise, all bars and bushings.  Everything.  The
only thing I think I will add will be my own fabbed
copy (an attempt at) of Eric's famous crossmember
brace for front end salvage purposes.

I have a few other mods I can add, like a brass
bushing pressed A1 shift linkage system (oh yeah).
But from here on out there is really little I can do
except for restoration.  And in a sense, that is oddly
sad for me.

Until I turn the key, I think.

http://farechase.yahoo.com