Re: [OT] Über-Fast Hillclimb

On 11/6/05, Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:

> Check it out:
>
> <http://testudladry.free.fr/jcc_videos2005/2005_gemenos_castellana.wmv>
>
> <http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1424456>
>
> The second link has bunch more video links in it. Is it me or does the car
> not seem to be making the turns as fast as one would expect?

Sweet - I love watching shit like that.  You know you're a speed
junkie when you lean into the turns on your desk chair...

I think the turns look slow because the guy is (very) late apex'ing
the corners.  Late apex'ing is the safest way around a corner -
especially when hillclimbing, where runoff areas are replaced with
rocks, guardrails, and steep dropoffs.  "Slow in - fast out" usually
nets a faster lap time than "Fast in - drive over a cliff and die"...
:D

Later,

Mark.
75
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **