How did you get your first....

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:47:32 +0000, "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So... How did you become hooked?

I got hooked on VWs with my 71 super beetle I bought new while doing 2
years in Germany with the Army.  Loved the car.. 35k+ miles traveling
around Europe.  Numerous weekends in Amsterdam, track time (4 aboard)
at LeMans and flat out on the autobahn (86mph).  Brought it to SoCal,
drove it another year and sold it for $170 less than I paid for it
new.
http://users.adelphia.net/~gforbess/images/camp.jpg

Always wanted a Karmann Ghia but the end was near for them and I
bought a new Mazda RX-3 and drove it until early 75 when the Sciroccos
started appearing at VW dealers.  Looked at many places and listened
to several attempts to sell me a Dasher coupe instead.  Wanted a
silver car, but they were impossible to find.  Had a chance on a
couple of yellow cars but it wasn't close to what I wanted.   Finally,
the Lagunenblau car, a deal that fell through, became available at
Crest VW in Escondido in April of 75.  Done deal.  $4500 including
a/c.  Never looked back.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9