From: "Jeff Toomasson"
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:52 PM
Subject: Wheel lock recommendations?

> Hi folks - now that I'm about to plunk down a, IMHO, ridiculous amount of
money
> for a set of rims (15x7.5 ET27 OZ Turbos), I need to know how I'm going to
> keep 'em safe. Since I've got no garage, I figure wheel locks are
mandatory.

> Is there a brand that's head and shoulders above the rest? I've heard of
> McGuard before; are they any good?
>
> Thanks!
>
> JT (PS - don't tell my wife how much they cost!!! :)

.
If the McGuards you are looking at have a funny shape cut into the top of
the lug, stay away from them. The A3s had them, and I order at least one a
month.

The ones I have always wanted to try are those European locks that have
nothing but a hole in the center of them. I think they slip onto a lug.
The key just looks like a shaft with a very small notch cut into it at a
certain point. The notch acts like a tumbler for whatever key device is in
the thing. I think they are 25.00 for a set, and IIRC Rons Parts sells
them... Or did they change company names?

I will bet someone can confirm what I am prattling about.

David