Mk1 'rot' is eating my brain

--- Phil Boeye <gooddane66@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me the diff between an
> 'S' and the normal Mk1?

The following is a post I made several years ago off the
top of my head - I had (have?) at least the '80 brochure
but at the time it was with Jim Jarrett.

The S package was, as mentioned, mostly trim.  Differences
included:

-5 speed transmission.  (4 speed was standard on "plain"
Sciroccos through '80 or '81)
-Zender front spoiler.
-All chrome trim "blacked" out.
-Red striping on bumper and rubber side strip.
-Highly bolstered front seats, with a unique cloth pattern.
(more on this shortly)
-Blacked out dash trim instead of woodgrain
-Front and rear badges in red instead of silver / chrome.

The '80 S was available in Mars Red, Alpine White, and
Black.  The White and Black cars had a *red* interior -
side-panels and carpet were red, the seats were two-tone
red.  The Mars Red cars had black carpet, side panels, and
black & grey seats.  Seats had a horizontal stripe pattern.

The '81 S was available in Mars Red, Cirrus Grey, or Cosmos
Silver.  Carpet and side panels were black for all models.
Seats had a vertical stripe pattern; Cirrus Grey and Cosmos
Silver cars had red striping on the seats, Mars Red cars
had grey striping.

(And wow, check out my signature....     the only one I
still have is the 16v, although the '85 is partially parted
in the back of the hangar right now, engine & tranny
swapped into the Slegato.)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"Money doesn't buy you any friends, but it will get you a
better class of enemy."

As mentioned by others, there was carpet in the trunk of
the S as well, but I've had at least one Mk 1 non-S that
had carpet, so who knows....

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs