"List"ory +++

>Bah, both of you can take a long walk off a short peer. :-D
>
>Only *1* person has ever been banned from this list (lerb@redrose.net
>spark any memories from the list "fogies"???) and we drove one other away
>because of his constant soap boxing (he unsubbed himself). (Dave Ewing,
>who has really really mellowed out btw...I moderate the pickups list where
>he is still a member).
>
>--
>Eric
>www.vintagewatercooleds.com

Your estimation sounds about right ... (my first post is from month
2, August 1996,
but I joined the list in July - month 1. :-)   Which gets me free
juice and M&M's at
all the finer VW repair shops, feh.)

Oddly enough, lerb rejoined the list again for a while and was not
ill behaved.  There
was quite a lot going on behind the scenes way back then - he even
found ways to try
and personally threaten me.  Weird stuff that.

I am fairly certain there are some other interesting lurkers here too...

Oh Dave wasn't that bad, he was no lerb. :)

As for the 2005 archives, with the big crash of the early '05, we had
some changes and
losses which made a few things more difficult.  I've collected what I
could from '05, and I'm
waiting for one of the volunteers to tell me he's got the Jan - March
list mail ready for me.
After that, we'll be up to date for '05 list archives.

In other, but related news, there are some big infrastructure changes ahead for
the Scirocco List.  Stay tuned.

==Brett