bing-bing -- possible Mk1 instead...

On 10:50:15 pm 11/01/05 Phil Boeye <gooddane66@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, you've got a hell of a point on the rust issue
> and relative value.  The one area I am a neophyte is
> bodywork, but that will have to change now regardless
> of what I get.  But as a starting point...
>
> It does sound like the interior is in great shape - a
> garage-kept car.  Which I can appreciate.  And it is
> relative value.  I can go a few hundred this way or
> that because hey, it ain't a $25K car that I'll be
> making payments on.
>
> So we'll see.  He said he'll post more pics soon.
> That will help me decide a bit better.
>
> Here's a question: do the euro bumpers work equally on
> Mk1s & Mk2s?  Or are they different bumpers that are
> needed?

Different bumpers. MkII Euros are hard to get, MkI Euros are much tougher
to locate, (near unobtaneum) and are priced accordingly. I've got Euros on
both of mine.  But maybe someone on list has a nice rust free MkI they'd
like to sell you for less....yeah, I thought so. Mine is SO not for sale.
Ever. But I have a nice firstborn I could let go for cheap...he's solid,
rust free...

The question remains, how nice IS this car??? that's the real question. I
could show you pictures of my 80 that would make it look real nice. And it
has no floor. So get someone to check it out, rot is a real problem on many
of these. But if it's nice, it's up to you I guess.

Cathy
1987 16V 2L "the Silver Headache" (not for sale)
1979 8V Klaus (_SO_ not for sale)
1980 8V red parts bitch "floor optional edition"