88 scirocco: power window wont roll up

Don Walter wrote:

> This happens ramdomly with our red scirocco. In fact it happens two days
> ago. It never fails that it will start working after I pull the door panel
> completely off. This time all I did was touch the bottom of the window and
> BAM it started working again. I really wish I could figure this out. I have
> even replaced the complete motor mechanism but that didn't solve the
> problem.

My passenger side has been flaky for years, all of a sudden it's both of
them now.  I suspect it's the switches (again), I've already replaced
the pass side once, these switches are notoriously unreliable.

Does anyone know if brand new ones can still be ordered?  I don't feel
like messing around with old boneyard ones again, they aren't any better
than the existing bad ones.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ