stay at Daun's

--- Phil Boeye <gooddane66@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I get my next house, thus leave the apartment
> dwelling scene once again, I shall pick up one of the
> last remaining Mk1's left on the planet.  By God's
> grace may it be Helios Blue.  I really love that
> color.

I don't think the Mk1 was ever available in Helios blue.
Helios is a dark blue / almost purple color available on
the '88 Slegato and European Scala.  Cosmos Silver
(sometimes called Cosmos Blue) is by far my favorite Mk 1
color - not quite silver, not quite blue....

> I do love the red, but cripes - after my first Mars
> Red  Mk2 for 14 years, I think not on red again.  Love
> it, but can't stand it.

Paprika is a little darker than Tornado Red, but not as
dark as Titian Red.  Tornado Red looks positively orange
next to Paprika, as I found the other day parked next to my
sister's GLI.

> Now if I can swing the 11th, then I will definitely be
> for that, for various reasons.  I'll keep you updated.

Cool, I'll tentatively keep it open.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://mail.yahoo.com