Engine to transmission bolt size

The other day my clutch decided to stop disengaging (while I was
driving over a bridge no less) so today I dropped the transmission and
removed the clutch disk shrapnel. By shrapnel I mean two springs and a
good chunk of metal. Anyway, after admiring my handiwork for a minute
I realized I had skipped a step and never removed any bolts holding
the engine and transmission together. Also AWOL were the screws that
supposedly hold that thin piece of metal to the tranny (clutch
cover?). I guess it was held on by the starter bolts and the power of
positive thinking.

What size should my nonexistant bolts and screws be? This is in an 84 8v, btw.