(sorta OT) Honda kill story

On 1:12:43 am 05/29/05 Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, what?, it's like Babe Ruth pointing to the right field wall and
> then hitting one over it?
> How does it impact the outcome?  Why's it needed?  I think someone
> needs to take me to 75/80 and clue me in!

Simple, it needs to be correct so the lights start at the right time. (and
the cars finish together) One if the funniest runs I ever had was against a
friend in a very fast nitrous CRX, he could run 11s, my car had a bad MAF
and was running 19s. (The whole thing was insane, they put any power adder
cars in one class, and my bug is a turbo diesel, so is a PA car) So I
should leave 8 seconds earlier than him, but this was at "Sparta, where
grass grows at the 1/8th mile" and some of the lights were out on my side,
and I was dialed at 14, not 19. So I leave he's expecting to have a little
8 second nap while he waits for his light, and it comes on after 3 seconds.
We get to half track and are side by side, so we both exchange glances and
a shrug, and proceed to the end of the track.
I don't remember who "won", but it was sure funny.