9A 2.0l conversion for Dummies

Dans right.
I did the engine buil;d on a stand, then just moved the existing 1.8L 16v
out and moved the 2L 16v in.
As bolts and parts come off, I bagged them and marked them. Each part was
cleaned and placed on a strip of ply wood for staging.
As I rebuilt, I started at the other end of the ply and worked backwards
putting every thing back.

I never built an engine before, nor changed one. took 3 days of grease &
grime. Man I was disgustingly dirty after the second day despite the showers
  :)

Umm, Just remember to tighten the crank shaft bolt REALLY well. Dont ask  :)

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY