From: scirocco-l-bounces+sailingfc=dslextreme.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+sailingfc=dslextreme.com@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of C Boyko
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 5:14 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: CIS gurus? Mind helping me out?

Okay, my 8V is making me insane. It's running like crap under load, and on
and off either has a nice idle, or what appears to be a miss. Is that vague
enough?

It would be easier to tell you what I HAVEN'T replaced, but the main issue
is when I ask for acceleration, it just isn't there. All the basics have
been checked and rechecked, but in case I'm missing anything, fire a
suggestion at me. The car's straight CIS with knock sensing ignition. (10:1
JH block) Compression, timing, etc are fine, most of the fuel and ignition
system has either been replaced with new, or at least had a different used
part swapped in, and it's still not right. Fuel pump/relay/filter/injectors
are new, distributors have both been changed with no change, knock box and
coil have been swapped for different ones, no change, I just went over the
hoses from the air flow plate to the TB, they all look fine and are clamped
down well, AAV/CPR/throttle switches appear to be to spec, the former two
have 12V to them, 12V at the fuel pump too, wires/cap/rotor/plugs are new,
and gap has been checked/is to spec. Timing is at spec, compression is even
across the board and within spec. Air filter is clean and not blocked.
Screen in tank is clear, as are screens on the CPR. Tank is full of 94
octane. And the car runs like crap.

Suggestions? I had it to a garage for some tests. but haven't had a chance
to get the full details, he didn't find anything wrong though. But I got a
nice bill. I'd say I've paid my dues, and am still getting kicked in the
teeth. I just can't keep spending every weekend working on a car that
doesn't change at all for my efforts. I mean, many of the things I've done
have helped, but it's still not right. Not even close. I thought 8Vs were
supposed to be easier than 16Vs, but my 16V knows how to act. But I don't
trust her at all, and she knows it. I'd really like this one to run right,
help is appreciated.

cathy