Running hot

There was definitely air in that upper hose.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim McConnell" <timjmcconnell@gmail.com>
To: "John S. Lagnese" <jlagnese@massed.net>
Cc: "Scirocco email List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>;
<a2-16v-list@mail.a2-16v.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: Running hot

Sounds like it could be a thermostat. But I bet it's a bubble. Try
running the car with the cap off for a little while. Burp the system a
bit.

On 5/20/05, John S. Lagnese <jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:
> HI,
> My water pump was just changed in my 87 16V Scirocco. It is running very
hot and the oil temp is 135'. There is no pressure even when hot! There is
no water coming through the return line to the resevoir. I tried putting
water into the top hose until water was running out of the radiator. The
pump is running, as I have heat.