Alt problem?

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 04:04:35PM +0000, Julie Macfarlane wrote:
> When I start my car I have to rush the engine to get the alt to kick in.
>
> Whats up with this?

The thin blue wire which leads from the positive battery terminal to the
D+ terminal on the alternator is probably disconnected, corroded, or
broken.

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/alternator/alternator.htm

Dan

--
It was the Law of the Sea, they said.  Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

		-- Hunter S. Thompson