'82 braking issue.....

....ok, I've blown through ALL the lines, checked the master cylinder,
checked ALL the brakes (and replaced the rear-driver's side drum-shoes),
and verified that the vacuum is in fact working. The booster has been
vacuum 'checked' (meaning, it doesn't have any holes that leak when you
suck into it)......

However, stopping that beast is the equivalent to stopping a 1978 GMC
3-tonne truck w/o air brakes.???? What gives?

What's actually IN those boosters? Has something internal gone cowshit
on me? I really don't want to 'strong-foot' the brakes on a 1500 mile
trip....

So in short:
MC = good
Brakes = good
Lines bled = check
Vacuum to booster = check
Booster functioning = don't quite think so.....

AND, in follow-up....on the '82 disc/drum brake system: ISN'T MOST OF IT
COMPATIBLE WITH RABBITS FROM THE SAME YEAR (except the truck...)????

I *must* have a booster soon......
....please?

Dan Snow -TPA, FL
'87 16v Scirocco
'87 16v    -occo (? car-trailer)
'82 DIESEL Scirocco (*NEW and IMPROVED daily driver)
'81 Rabbit Sportruck
'87 16v Scirocco (back-up shell)

AOL-ers!!!!!!