From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
Jeff Toomasson
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 12:42 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Koni/Bilstein ? w/ Coilovers

Hi folks - my current driver mk1 has a set of Carrera coilovers and they're
currently mated to To-krack-o Illuminas (the ride's OK). I'd like to
transplant them onto the mk1 I'm restoring, but I just worry they'll follow
the path like many other Illuminas on VWs....blown.

I seem to remember that Bilsteins are "larger" in diameter. Is that the
internal piston or the rear's shock body, or both? I know the front has to
be the same to fit into the strut housing. I assume the Koni's rear bodies
are the same as the illuminas. Is that correct?

I'd prefer to get Bilstein sports, but I guess I could "settle" for Konis if
had to...   :)

Any input?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff (Bummed I can't make Cincy...   :(