h1/h4 conversion (glowing eyes/pseudo city lights)

hi all, from my experience, single H4 conversions are
easy: plug and play as the saying goes.  i did this in
my '82 escort, '86 accord, my fiancee's '85 s-10, and
then her '88 pathfinder.  incidentally, all those
conversions were with the SAME pair of Hella 6x8 H4s.
they last a long time!!!!when it came to the merkur
xr4ti, using H4/H1 lights caused that same problem, it
seemed to have to do with the low beam light grounding
through the H1 bulb, it seemed.  i never did fix it,
upgraded to H1/DE low beams instead!
--- "David L. Winchell, II"

scirocco-l-bounces+davidwinchell2=sprynet.com@scirocco.org