Hinge repairs

Near impossible to photgraph. About 3" from the end of the glass is where
the hinge meets the firewall. On the inside there is a second support frame
welded to the firewall. The mount needs to be drilled from behind this
panel. It needs a slot cut so the drill and the bolt can be introduced.

A nut needs to be ground down on one side so that it will fit tight to the
hinge frame (an L shaped vertically mounted piece). The back of this is only
1cm across so the drill point must be accurate.

I cut a piece of 2mm steel plate 15mm*40mm. I used this as a backing plate
so that the bolt would not pull through.

Getting your hands in behind the hood catch, under the edge of the window is
not easy  :)

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y