preferred trans?

Relatively stock RD motor (in terms of torque) and 81 chassis (in terms of
weight). Some autocrossing but I don't take my self that seriously. I would
not mind a slightly tighter set of ratios from 1 through 4 and keep 5th
pretty tall (though it does not need to be as tall as it is now). I don't
know how much value there is in the factory spring-loaded limited slip of
the later trannies or if there is a way to modify earlier ones to give them
LS properties short of the Quaife (or however you spell it). And I don't
even know what years and models an 020 comes from.

Thanks,
Cris