Re: How long to get to Cincy from Philly?

Wow. After reading this, you must be older than Cathy! Wow.. (great story)

Julie (The old fartress)

First time I did Philadelphia to Cinn. was July 1944 in the back seat of a 41 Chevy. Driving time doesn't matter, because the PA Turnpike only covered about 1/3 of PA and there were no Interstates. Truth is, none of us knew if Eisenhower would ever work out with that Overlord thing and build the interstate highway system.
It was a miserable, sucky drive.
Next meaningful PHL to Cinn commute was 1946, for a post Big Warr gathering of survivors. Then, in 1947, I took the same ride, returning to PHL with a puppy my father bought us as consolation for a new sister, that Dalmation puppy puking the entire route.
It was a miserable sucky drive.
Not a lot of memorable trips from there until 1955, when we made the drive for my grandmother's funeral in New Richmond, OH. (My father had to use a good rifle as bond for a speeding ticket he earned somewhere in OH.)
It was a miserable, sucky drive.
Today, with the full Interstate, credit cards for speeding bond and no puking Dalmations, figure 9-10 hours if you don't have to pee every 2 hours.

PS: Last month, I drove to Cinn. from ATL for a granddaughter's birthday.
Nine hours. It was a wonderful drive.
Do it!