Re: OT: Cooking and Sciroccos

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:41:13 -0500, Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com>
wrote:

Anyone got this book?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0375751408/ref=lpr_g_1/104-9084784-1495148?v=glance&s=books

If so, have you tried anything in it with the Scirocco?

During my time in the Army in Germany, I was in a NATO unit that used
British transportation.  The basic Brit truck was a 5 ton cabover
Bedford and the engine access was a hatch between the seats.  Bedford
is tied to GM and the motor was the common Chevy inline 6 with a
single downdraft carb.  Between the runners on the intake manifold was
a perfect place to heat C-ration cans.  The Brits had metal containers
in which they would make hot tea the same way.  Gourmet dining on the
move during convoys and field exercises in the German winter 1970-72.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9 8V