Re: Tranny Cleaning

The smallest unit they sell weights only 79 lbs unloaded, and the
dimensions show it as quite small really (2ft wide, 2ft long, almost 3 ft
tall).  Its just the compressor requirements (and getting 55 lbs/hr of dry
ice!).  They show a video of it being used on the inside of a engine
block..ON the bearing surfaces.

http://www.rsg-technologies.com/IS35.htm

I really like the idea...its just you'd REALLY have to plan your blasting
and have the dry ice delivered.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1988 Audi 90 Quattro
1990 Corrado TDI
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)

Dan Bubb said:

Very cool idea! No media to get into everything that has to be cleaned up
afterwords!
Probably not a home setup though.
Dan

Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: Tranny Cleaning

Has anyone tried this technique?

http://www.cryosonic-usa.com/

Sounds interesting.

Brian Haygood <haygood@myway.com> wrote:

So how much do I have to worry about bead blasting it as far as damaging
bearing surfaces and
such?? Do I protect them as though I were sandblasting? That's always a
pain and never truly
successful (when I do it anyway).

Hmmm. Any more thoughts?

BH