Re: In search Of: throttle valve cable for an automatic (!) 1984 Scirocco

--- Mauricio <raub@kudria.com> wrote:
It has been having a
problem with
>>  upshifting which seems to have to do with the
throttle valve cable (the
>>  cable that goes from the transmission to the throttle
body): for
>>  whatever reason it stretched to the point I cannot
adjust it any longer.

>> I went to the stealer and they want $170 for it. Ouch! So, I was
>>  wondering if any of you may have one of those cables
laying around, say
>>  because of converting a car from AT to MT.  If you
do, please think on
>>  me. =)

Try www.parts4vws.com - they may be able to get it and at a
much better price than the stealership.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *coming soon*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172