Euro Bumper Mounting Bolts

I am having a little problem swapping bumpers on one of the roccs. I have
removed the US bumper and am trying to install the Euro Bump in its place.
I get the bolts to thread just far enough that the bolt begins to peak
through the back side of the fixed nut on the bumper and then it stops. Are
the bolts for the US bumpers different that the bolts for the Euro bumpers?
Different length? Different thread pitch? Are these just rusty and need to
be worked in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave